A Social Club for the Unattached aged 50+ in Hertfordshire
• On your own? Over 50? Live in the central Hertfordshire area?
• Want to meet people and socialise?
• Want to get out and about and enjoy lots of varied leisure?
• Then Pilot Singles Social Club may be the club for you
• Pilot Singles Social Club is a social club for unattached people aged 50 plus. “Unattached” includes single, divorced, separated, or bereaved of a partner.
• The club is not a dating agency. Sometimes members do meet new partners through socialising with the club, but this is not its main aim.
• Most of our members live in the central Hertfordshire area, especially St Albans and Welwyn-Hatfield, and also in Watford and Hemel Hempstead.
• We have events in these areas, and also further away, including some in London.
Our Events Programme
• The club has a monthly programme of events.
• Members decide on and host the events, which are listed in a monthly programme sent to members by the programme co-ordinator.
• To join an event, members contact the host, usually by phone.
• The club has a Committee, but it’s the members who host the events. This means that whatever you want to do – whatever your interests - you can put an event in the programme, and some other members are very likely to join you.
• The type of events in our programme include:
Weekly pub-nights; meals out or in members’ homes; visits to cinema, theatre, concerts and exhibitions; walks; quizzes; games evenings; regular visits to dance-clubs; visits to places of interest; and holidays.
We also have a Christmas lunch and occasional parties.
There are clubs within the club - bridge club, snooker club and supper-club.
The Cost of Being a Member
• The membership fee is £30 a year, minus discounts for hosting events.
• We are a non-profit-making club.
How to Join Us
• Use the contact form on this page to send us your details
• If you give your phone number you will be contacted about the latest programme of events.
• You can come to 4 events before joining.
Why is the Club called “Pilot”?
The club was founded by friends meeting in the Comet Hotel in Hatfield, where there’s an iconic model of a Comet plane outside.
Click here to read our NewsBlog
Find out what events we have enjoyed recently